Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Ralph Waldo Emerson


Ralph Waldo Emerson once said "Beauty is an outward gift, which is seldom despised, except by those to whom it has been refused." http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/r/ralph_waldo_emerson_2.html As soon as I read this I thought of the people who have been affected by cancer, severely burned, or even born with physical deformities. Most people look at those with physical deformities as someone with a deadly disease or sheer pity. This makes me really sad, because everyone is beautiful in their own way. This quote spoke to me because I immediately thought of the new Mattel Barbie that would support cancer awareness. These Barbies will debut in the near future, and with every purchase, the MGA will donate $1 to the California-based City of Hope for cancer research. http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/wellness/story/2012-04-04/bald-Barbie-cancer-patients/53999288/1 This quote really spoke to me, proving the point that everyone is beautiful in her own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment